Friday, July 23, 2010

My Malaysian roots

Malaysian FlagImage via Wikipedia
I have always been proud of my Malaysian roots. My mum is Malaysian and she has 12 other siblings. Although I have not met most of them nor my cousins and their children, I am always delighted when some of them visit us. My mum always reminisces the good old kampong days where she will travel by bicycle to the next state or to the nearby South China Sea and river to catch fish. I heard Ikan Patin was very popular then. My mum used to live in Temerloh. I vaguely remember taking a train to Kuantan and then a car ride to Temerloh. And I vomited a lot. I recall the undulating terrain as the cause. That was probably the only time I was there. It was shortly after my mum's mother passed away.

In a way, I am glad that Malaysia is doing much right recently - from their flood preparedness to saving the corals and giving university graduates training. I believe that is the right way and I am proud of them but they could definitely do more.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment